Felons once have been released are often faced up with thousands of obstacles. Discrimination all too often stands in the way of their re-entry process. They may not be able to find a job, they cannot get access to loans to survive the day before they get an employment, or they are even turned down by landlords and end up having no place to live. As a result of all these things, people who used to be incarcerated will eventually find themselves on the same old wrong track again. Of course, it is nothing they want and nothing our society wants.
Understanding that, we would like to introduce the best resources for felons. They include both offline and online sources, which means books and websites that felons may find helpful. These resources are related to the concerns of ex-offenders in many ways as they provide information not just on the subject of employment but on accommodations, loans, grants and so on. Therefore, if you are with a felony or you know someone that used to be convicted in need of help, you can refer to these sources for valuable information.
1. Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul: With 101 short stories included in this book, it is definitely a source that ex-convicted can rely on to lift up their souls. They may be turned down for job and housing several times and may end up losing hearts. Then, this book is definitely something that can help them maintain a positive outlook on life to carry on. Get it here.
2. Jobs For Felons: As its name suggest, this book shows felons on how to find an employment with a felony, especially it provides information on which industry is felons friendly. As a result of that, it saves ex-offenders from wasting their times and being put off. Get it here.
3. Beyond Bars: Rejoining Society After Prison: It addresses many concerns of felons after they are released. A lot of matters are cover so that felons can refer to when making their re-entry into the society. Get it here.
4. How to Remove ALL Negative Items from your Credit Report: Credit is always one of the main obstacles for felons. With this amazing book, they will be given useful guidelines on how to successfully get loans and grants. Get it here.
5. Making Good: How Ex-Convicts Reform & Rebuild Their Lives: Another useful and inspirational book for ex-offenders! It brings home the reason why recidivists are so common and what our society has done to make them such a common thing. On top of all, this book shows how people once imprisoned can come back to life and become a productive citizen. Get it here.
6. Putting the Bars Behind You Survival Guides: This series contains 9 books which give practical advice on how to rejoin the society after leaving the prison. They cover a lot of important issues from having a positive attitude, finding jobs to settling in the community.
7. The Dedicated Ex-Prisoner’s Guide to Life and Success on the Outside: A great book that offers ex-prisoners 10 rules that they should follow in order to rejoin the society. It aims at helping those once incarcerated to become positive citizen and never go back behind the bars. Get it here.
Udemy is the world’s largest marketplace for teaching and learning. Instructors have published online courses on Udemy on everything from programming to yoga, marketing to guitar, photography to cake decorating, and so much more. Below are some featured courses:
- The Essential Guide to Entrepreneurship by Guy Kawasaki: Learn from an entrepreneur and investor how to launch a company with confidence and avoid common pitfalls.
- Building a Business with Amazon FBA: Use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) Program to Make Sales on Multiple Marketplaces Online (i.e. eBay, Amazon, Sears & More).
- Top Business Courses- How To Become a Bestselling Author on Amazon Kindle: Learn how to make money writing with this complete guide to writing, formatting, publishing and marketing Kindle ebooks.
- Discover Udemy’s top courses here!
1. studentaid.ed.gov: People with felony can still get aid if they want to go to school. This site provides valuable information on student loans for those who want to start their schooling or would like to get back to school.
2. grants.gov: It offers information on grants for everyone whether with or without a felony.
3. legalmatch.com: A dependable site to refer to if you are in search of legal advices! Lawyers know it best, so do not hesitate to contact them if you need help.
4. ask-a-lawyer.freeadvice.com/law-questions/ask.html: Like Legalmatch, this website is definitely what you can rely on when you need legal advices. It is totally free, so take advantage of it.
Above are some resources that we believe very helpful for felons. They provide information to help ex-offenders overcome many obstacles in the aspect of finding jobs, looking for accommodations or settling again into the community. Hopefully, the Best resources for felons we introduce can be beneficial to the felons themselves and to the whole society.
Incoming search terms:
- rdsources for felons
- stories of exfelons making good