In addition to living harmoniously with people, one of the most difficult things facing Ex–Felons when they get back to society is how to find jobs for ex-felons as their history is marked by being Felons. Needless to say, it’s of utmost importance to help Ex–Felons get a steady job and income; otherwise, they will resort to illegal behaviors for making their living.
Tips on getting jobs for Ex-felons
- In the first place, it’s much easier for ex-felons who hold a high education degree or technical degree before being put into jail to get a job. Also, there are some, who receive education or degree while they are in jail or obtain technical skills from educational systems offered by most prison institutions. For those who fall into this category, you should make use of your skills, your certificates or degrees when applying for jobs and make them highlighted.
- There are still also jobs for felons who are unskilled or without a degree. You can get down to finding a job by researching job websites for companies who offer positions for ex-felons and are willing to recruit ex-felons. Here we introduce to you some frequent companies to hire ex-felons:
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Baskin – Robbins
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield association
- Braum’s Inc.
- Dairy Queen
- Dole Food Company
- Firestone Auto Care
- Salvation Army
- Sears & Roebuck Co.
- Wyndham Hotels
- Ex-felons can also look for jobs based on your state’s plans for employment of ex-felons. It is widely known that almost states offers programs built with the view to helping ex-felons find jobs. Therefore, you can call or email your local government offices. But sometimes it’s not certain that you will always receive attention and help from officers. Sometimes, it’s important that you need sponsorship or recommendation from your probation officer. Then, it’s advisable that you establish a good relationship with him because he can be of great help.
- This tip may well be much easier to achieve. It’s to get help from your family, friends or acquaintances. I mean that you rest on your relationships. This is because they may know from their own social relationships that job opportunities are being offered. This is quite feasible because they can give guarantee or recommendation for the employers, who will then not judge you based on your being ex-felons. It will cost you nothing to ask around; then, don’t hesitate to use your networking power because opportunities may arise.
- Last but not least, be always honest and don’t conceal the fact that you are an ex-felon but prove yourself and use your strength to conquer the employers.
It’s a hard time before you get back to society and there are many difficulties to overcome. But as long as you desire to get back on the right path, by considering these tips carefully you will find the sole solution to the question How to Find Jobs for Ex-Felons.